Medical Oncologist needed ASAP in Pennsylvania for Vacation Coverage
Job ID#71068 • PA • Posted: 03/16/2023
Our client in PA is in need of a Medical Oncologist to offer vacation coverage in July and November. Specific dates and schedule are: July 6 starting at 7:00am – July 24th ending at 7:00am
November 18th starting at 7:00am – November 27th ending at 7:00am
Additional details are below:
- 7:30am – start day off by rounding at hospital then go to Clinic to see patients
- Clinic hours are 8:00 am – 4 pm. (Monday thru Friday).
- Provider must be at Clinic during infusion(s) role is for medical emergencies only
- Thursday, July 6th stating at 7:30am round on patients at the hospital go to clinic treat patients until 4:00pm on call from 4:00pm until 7:30 am Friday July 7th ?repeat same schedule (as July 6th) until Monday, July 10th at 7:30am with weekend coverage on Saturday July 8th & Sunday July 9th
- Weekend call Saturday / Sunday 24 hours rounding on patients as needed.
- November schedule will follow same scenario with assignment starting on Saturday November 18th at 7:00am & Thanksgiving Holiday/November 23rd holiday on call
No clinic on the holiday
- Consult: Patient admitted by Hospitalist ?consult will be ordered by Hospitalist ?includes Emergency Room Consults.
- Provider will not be doing any admission and/or discharges
- Provider will not see any patient under the age of 18
- There is an average of 10-12 patients per day, which physician would oversee.
- No on-call for locum physician and no special procedures he/she will have to perform such as bone marrow biopsy. If BM biopsy is necessary, NP can do the procedure.
- There is an average of 10-12 chemotherapy patients per day, which physician would oversee.
- Number of office visit patients seen daily is 15 ?NP is on staff there and sees patients with the physician.
- Staff includes: Supervisor, 1 NP, 3 Oncology certified RNs, 1 Triage nurse, 1 LPN, 2 clerical staffers and 1 infusion suite staffed by 2 RNs
Computer Systems: MedEnt / Clinic & Meditech / Hospital
Medical Staff Credentialing takes approximately 2-3 weeks as long as all required documents are received from provider & locum firm.
You MUST have an active PA license to be considered for this assignment and please have your most current CV available for consideration.